Local Resources - Remote Sounds

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Oct 16, 2007 at 2:04 PM
First and foremost, kudos all around for a great utility! This should be standard issue in every administrator toolkit. I have a question peculiar to certain environments. When you use RDP to connect to a Speech or Media Server you have to select "Leave at Remote Computer" or you disable functionality. Is the current setting "Do Not Play" the functional equivalent or if not do you plan to add "Leave at Remote Computer" soon? This truly would make the application perfect.
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2007 at 12:51 AM
Thanks for the nice comments.

In the Spec from MSFT:

0 = Redirect sounds to the client. This is the default value.
1 = Play sounds at the remote computer.
2 = Disable sound redirection; do not play sounds at the server.
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa381295.aspx)

Each of those relates the the list items in our UI. I just updated the list in our UI to reflect those above, so it is much more clearer.

Changeset #27789.

datagog wrote:
First and foremost, kudos all around for a great utility! This should be standard issue in every administrator toolkit. I have a question peculiar to certain environments. When you use RDP to connect to a Speech or Media Server you have to select "Leave at Remote Computer" or you disable functionality. Is the current setting "Do Not Play" the functional equivalent or if not do you plan to add "Leave at Remote Computer" soon? This truly would make the application perfect.