This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Windows 7 x64 connection to Server 2008 R2 x64

Topics: User Forum
May 19, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Hi,

I have been using terminals for over a year now and am really happy with. It has made my life moocho easier. However I have hit a snag, I recently got a new windows 7 x64 machine, and have found that I log in directly RDP to a windows 2008 R2 server, it presents the log on screen but tells me the password is incorrect. If I use RDP from within windows it allows me to login no problems, am I missing something. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

May 20, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Hi,

Ok I know how to get round this.

It appears there is some issue with not specifying the domain. If I type in domain\username I can log in, if I just try username then it says it is incorrect.

The server and my client are not in a domain, but I have setup user accounts on each machine with same username and password, so maybe its something to do with this. I am guessing its trying to send across the domain info that my client sits in?

If I try and log in using the default administration account (setup during OS install), I don't have to specify the domain and it logs in fine.

I have now modified the shortcuts in terminals to include the computername in the domain properties, this has got me past this issue.

If anyone else has more on this issue I would be glad to here it.

cheers.