This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

clipboard

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Feb 5, 2008 at 5:56 AM
Edited Feb 5, 2008 at 5:57 AM
A useful feature to add would be the ability to copy the clipboard contents of the remote machine to/from the local machine.

I'm rather surprised nobody has asked for this before actually, it seems like a rather obvious omission to me: I searched both the "issue tracker" and "discussions" sections of thsi site and didn't find any hits on "clipboard".

Perhaps this feature is already there and I'm just missing something?
May 3, 2008 at 5:16 PM
I agree. Terminals does just about everything I want - multiple full screen RDP sessions, easy way to switch between them - but the ability to copy-and-paste text between them would be very nice.
Coordinator
May 3, 2008 at 10:22 PM

I wonder if its just a matter of the "Redirect Clipboard" option in the new Terminal Form (RDP/Local Resources Tab) is not working. I will double check to make sure it is...
Coordinator
May 3, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Tested the feature and it is working as expected. i tested with just plain ole notepad in host to/from a terminal and it worked fine.

copy/paste of files does NOT work

I did a print screen in the host and pasted it into mspaint in the terminal and that was successfull.

May 4, 2008 at 12:39 AM
Just rested after a complete restart. It does seem to be working now. I'm not so interested in the session-to-host clipboard copy, I'm much more interested in the session-to-session copy. For some reason, it wasn't working the first few times I tried. Well, now I'm even happier with Terminals.
Coordinator
May 5, 2008 at 7:40 PM

Ive noticed that even in the default mstsc.exe the clipboard is sketchy at best...