Roaming Profile Support

Topics: User Forum
Mar 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM

I have a feeling this would be solved if the UAC issue is ever fixed, but it would be great if the config files would be stored under the user profile / roaming folder so that it can be synced with multiple clients.

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2011 at 12:25 AM
So there is a command line parameter which allows you to specific the path to your config file, i did test it back in the day against a UNC share and it worked fine.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 8:46 AM, juniorx <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have a feeling this would be solved if the UAC issue is ever fixed, but it would be great if the config files would be stored under the user profile / roaming folder so that it can be synced with multiple clients.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Terminals@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Terminals@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Rob Chartier
ASPInsider
http://weblogs.asp.net/rchartier
http://twitter.com/robchartier
604-338-2512

Apr 26, 2011 at 1:50 AM

Is the command-line parameter to specify a path to the config file documented somewhere?  I can't find it :(  I love Terminals, but was surprised to find settings being saved in program files vs. the user profile.

May 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM
Edited May 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM

The command line is /config:xxx where xxx is the full path name to the terminals config and (as I understand it), this does not affect any other files that terminals create (such as history.xml, log files etc)

However, a word of warning about syncing with multiple clients or even sharing with multiple clients

If you are running terminals and something outside updates your config file, then you will not be able to save any changes to this file.

(This is because terminals uses the standard Windows System.Configuration class in the dotnet framework which states : ' 

If the configuration file has changed since this Configuration object was created, a run-time error occurs.' 

Also, terminals seems to update this file when loading which means that anyone who already had terminals open will not be able to save their changes.