This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Feature Request: Shared Config file / tooltip /defaults

Apr 3, 2008 at 5:45 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2008 at 6:00 PM
hey guys
me and my colleges all use this awesome program but we were wondering if the following features could be added at some point

• Shared Config file? ie stored on a network path eg \\computer1\terminals\Terminals.config
we all add information at various points during the day and updating each other is quite a pain! i dont know how often terminals checks the config file but maybe a refresh button or setting might be need as well?

• Tooltip (connection information) - would it be possible to have a notes section that would appear when you put your mouse over a connections tab. the reason for this request is that most of the time even if the password is filled in correctly it doesn't login in when the connection is opened. an alternative to this would be showing the username, password and domain fields in connection information tooltip.

• defaults - when a new connection is created would it be possible to have an option to make it a default template for all new connections created of that type thereafter?
this would save having to setup disk drive and sound setting, etc over and over again.

cheers again for the hardwork you guys have put into this!!!

AussiedeviL
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Shared config file is in the project already...

rev: 27287....

Terminals now supports this parameter (command line):

/config:PATH To new .config

for example:

/config:\\Server1\c$\Terminals\shared.config

It redirects the entire config file over the the shared copy. It doesnt support local & remote for right now. Its one or the other.

Related to: http://www.codeplex.com/Terminals/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=9271

---------------------------------

Tooltips when you hover over the tabs can be enabled in Tools, Options....

------------------------------

defaults - ive put some thought into this, and since I dont have much time....well you know.. :)

Apr 10, 2008 at 6:25 PM
thanks Rob,

sounds like this coming together nicely. im working on a few projects that are coming to an end soon so once i have some free time ill try and jump on board and give you a hand

cheers

AussiedeviL
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2008 at 5:56 PM

that would be cool!

Apr 22, 2008 at 5:59 AM
hey rob any chance of getting that notes section added in the next build?
could be put under the password field or in a new tab in the "new connections" dialog box.

cheers
AussiedeviL

• Tooltip (connection information) - would it be possible to have a notes section that would appear in the tooltip when you put your mouse over a connections tab. the reason for this request is that most of the time even if the password is filled in correctly it doesn't login in when the connection is opened. an alternative to this would be showing the username, password and domain fields in connection information tooltip.

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2008 at 9:04 PM

So if we start here:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2405/2437479294_e2fb9c4a1a.jpg?v=0

It is adding the username, computer and a few other bits.

you also want the ability to add a textual description of each favorite, which would show in that tooltip window as well?

Apr 23, 2008 at 9:38 PM
hey rob,

yup

i dont know if having the other info colors, console, desktop etc is necessary but if the order was computer, user, notes, port, etc that would be perfect

cheers
Kiran
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2008 at 5:50 AM

Kiran,

done!
May 1, 2008 at 11:55 AM
hey,

woohoo \m/ note box is perfect!

one thing though the 1.6j release has the note box set as a password mask **** can this be changed to plain text?

cheers
Kiran
Coordinator
May 1, 2008 at 4:26 PM
is it seriously masked? ugh. my bad. will update.