Autoscale Functionality

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Sep 3, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I applaud the efforts that have been made to make the Autoscale feature allow oversized server screens to be visible on smaller client screens. That said, the time has come for Autoscale to work the other way as well.

I recently got a new laptop that has an incredible screen resolution of 1920x1080 in a 13" package! The problem is that now our servers that are locked at 800x600 (for reasons I don't want to get into here) look absolutely tiny on my screen! It's almost impossible to administer them remotely!

I would love to have Autoscale provide the option to automatically scale the window up in addition to down to permit me to fill my entire screen with the RDP window without changing the server resolution.

Given the current trend of computers getting smaller and screen resolutions growing, I suspect this problem will become more wide spread as time goes by.

Is there any chance this functionality could be added? If so, when?

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Hi,

there is a bug in current latest release, but still there is possibility for RDP session. Go to the connection options and select RDP tabpage. There you will find your settings. But notice, that when starting a connection the window state defines maximum size of the screen for later resize.

Sep 12, 2011 at 3:10 AM
No love... I couldn't get it to scale up at all. Best I got was a huge black border around the tiny screen.

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 7:07 PM, jirkapok <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

there is a bug in current latest release, but still there is possibility for RDP session. Go to the connection options and select RDP tabpage. There you will find your settings. But notice, that when starting a connection the window state defines maximum size of the screen for later resize.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Terminals@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Terminals@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Yes, if you start connection with not maximized window. Than it takes that size as maximum. But anyway this behavior fix isn't present in current download yet.