Connecting through VPN?

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Hi, I was just curious what the preferred method of connecting through VPN was.  I often find that I have to do that, and in those cases the connections I have set do not work.

Also, I know that there are limitations with the Home versions of Windows, but I was wondering if any of the connection types work with those versions.  It's not often, but I do occasionally get asked to take a look at something for a friend and it would be handy.

Thanks, :)

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Hi,

Terminals doesn't open your VPN connection. When using "on demand" network connections first ensure, that you are properly connected to the destination network, check if server ports are open.

If you are sure, that you are able to connect using default remote control client, but not able to connect using Terminals, than open new issue. Please don't forget to provide log file and detail description in that case.

If you are asking about operation system VPN or remote desktop settings, yes, there are limitations in Windows "Home" editions.

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Thank you very much for your response.  I'm sorry for the delay in posting back, I honestly thought that this project was no longer being actively developed.  So, I'm sorry about that assumption.

I am making sure that the VPN connection is open and connected to our router.  My question though is what is the recommended connection type then through terminals?  RDP does not seem to work at all...

Thanks Again,

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Usually the connection settings don't allow remote access outside network. Check you network policy and again check, if the destination host and its RDP port are available, when you are connected using VPN. I can help you more, because Terminals do not more than encapsulate the standard RDP client.