Feature request: allow log-in to ignore initial system popup

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 5, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Alas, our company policy apparently requires to display some legal notice before showing the login screen (the usually legalese "this system must be used for management approved purposes only blah blah...."). Alas, this popup spoiles Terminals' automatic login feature, i.e. Terminals can not click away this dialog and then enter the credentials into the subsequent dialog. One thus always has to enter the credentials manually... :-(

It would be really a HUGE improvement, if Terminals could be enhanced to handle this situation gracefully by automatically clicking the OK button and then entering the credentials into the following dialog.

Michael

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2011 at 11:08 PM

I think that isn't easy and it is a edge feature request. In our company we also have similar dialog informing, that the station was successfully updated and i don't think, that there is standard way to fill in automatically some dialog in remote session. But if you want to have in Terminals, you can create a feature request.

Oct 7, 2011 at 8:52 AM

This would be a killer feature. But it would require terminals to interact with the rdp session and this is probably hard to implement.

On the other hand - it would help circumvent two rdp security features: annoying login message (in some companies people have to click it away even on their workstations) and inactivity lock (most servers have it set to 5 min.)

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I would also like this.

Oct 19, 2011 at 7:26 PM

> One thus always has to enter the credentials manually..

That's not what happens for me. When the dialog box comes up, I press return (or space bar) and then the windows logon continues as normal and I get automatically logged in.

So, it is possible that your company has another policy to always ask for the password on connection.