New Version and favorites

Topics: User Forum
Nov 6, 2011 at 5:57 PM

In the new version, typing the machine name in the connect to box does not bring the login box.

In the old version

I paste the machine name in the Connect To box, It brings up the login pop up box then I use one of the pre-defined credentials. It logs on. For further logons, the machine name is saved in the favorites and it was easy.

In the new version, click on the + icon, fill your details. Click save and close. Then you have to select the machine from the drop down again and then log on. Further logons are also not easy. I uninstalled my new version and moved back to may release as I use terminals mainly for simplicity of the login it provides and the new release made it cumbersome.

I changed the defaults on the new pop up, but even then it consumes more time than the original one.

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2011 at 1:11 AM

Corrected: During refactoring the feature was missing. Current state:

Type here the stored connection favorite name and press Enter to quickly connect to
or type server name or IP address and press Enter to create new Favorite
or press Tab and then Enter to immediately connect to.
Short cut key  (F4)

Nov 14, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Same issue here. Which version has this been fixed in?

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2011 at 9:46 PM

In source code checkin nr.94138 on Friday 11/11/2011.

Nov 26, 2011 at 4:21 PM
Edited Nov 28, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Hi,

I tried "press Tab and then Enter to immediately connect to" for a brand new (not existing) connection but it did not work. Using the build from 25.11.2011 (Beta 4, I think). So the issue is still valid.

Edit: My version is 2.0 Beta 4, not 3.

Coordinator
Dec 6, 2011 at 11:08 PM
Edited Dec 6, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Hmm, that is funny. Did you start from favorites combo box close to the "Add new connection" button (accessible using F4 key)? Because it works for me.
Someone else noticed that this doesn't work?

Dec 7, 2011 at 7:41 AM

If I understand correctly, I should use this box (http://imageshack.us/f/542/terminals.png/) and press Tab and then Enter to immediately connect to the specified computer?

Well, it doesn't work that way - it opens the New Connection window.

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Yes, it opens new connection form. If you mean another Window, than i don't remember which one it was in previous version.
Is it possible, that you provide a screen shot from older version?

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:20 AM

My idea is (and I believe the author of the topic meant it that way also) that after opening the New Connection window, Terminals automatically connects to the specified server. That is, the steps with the RC0 were the following:

1. Type in new computername or IP address in that box
  2. Press enter
  3. The New Connection window (or whatever it is called) openes
  4. You click Save
  5. A connection is established without you doing anything else, automatically

While at the moment, with the Beta 4, steps 1-4 are the same, but on step 5 you should manually click the Connect button (a lightning) or select the Connect to box and press Enter.