Version 2.1 feature branch - community technical preview available

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Coordinator
Jan 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Edited Apr 12, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Hi all,

You can find there community technical preview of new persistence layer implementation. This is the most requested feature, which needs architecture changes. Thats why it wouldn't be available in current version. If you want to try, keep in mind, that it isn't finished yet and not all data are upgraded. The current state doesn't bring any visible benefit yet.

Feature benefits:

• Split configuration file into files: configuration and favorites
  • MS SQL database persistence layer implementation
  • Configurable data files locations
  • No UAC control problems
  • Better performance when working with large number of favorites
  • Option to use portable version or version with data stored in user profile
  • More than one level tree structure

Previously mentioned branch v2.1 no longer exist. All is now in latest changeset of Main branch.

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Hi, please notice, that most checkins you see on source page are done on new version branch. The output of this branch isn't included in latest nightly builds from Team city server. Anyway we are close to provide testing version of new data layer. Is there some who tests the new branch already from development state?

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I would like to run the new 2.1 branch but don't know how to configure VStudio to achieve that. Whenever I snv-update and rebuild, it builds the main/current/2.0 branch.

Please post instructions.

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I do not use SVN client, so i cant tell you how to configure it properly. But at least here is general setup. Only two directories are branched for version 2.1. These should be mapped to the Terminals project folder and setup folder. You have two possibilities:

A.)  You have to tell your source control client to exclude the version 2 directories. And map version 2.1 folders to local path for version 2.0.

B.) Open Terminals solution in Visual Studio and exclude Setup and Terminals project. From menu select add existing project to include projects from folders version 2.1.

I know, thats not a usual usage of  branches, but the project structure isn't prepared. This will change after current version release.

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Hi all,

i reorganized source code to create tree for comfortable work under more than one branch and merged all changes done in branch 2.1 into Main-Latest. The new structure is described in developer guide. Previous temporary mappings are not relevant any more.

Note: Please notice, that there is already upgrade of data files, which will take place on first application start and there is no upgrade of history. (back up before testing)

Jun 24, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Any ideas when this will be released? :) I can't get the sourcecode compiled (or I am doing something wrong).

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2012 at 9:04 PM

- next version will be published immediately, when the database feature will be finished. I am expecting one more month.
- if, you are not able to compile the source, describe your compile messages, otherwise nobody can help you.

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Edited Jul 1, 2012 at 9:20 PM
jirkapok wrote:

- next version will be published immediately, when the database feature will be finished. I am expecting one more month.
- if, you are not able to compile the source, describe your compile messages, otherwise nobody can help you.

I can't remember much of the error, was about that it couldn't find the project. But it's okay, I'll be patient! :) Can wait for it! :)

Somehow the current compiled version 2.0 doesn't start here anymore, and doesn't give any messages, so for the time being I am using mRemoteNG.

It's great to see this nice application is still being developped! :)

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I hope you are able to get the putty / ssh fix in place. I can't use the product because of that simple lack of funcitonality... I look fwd to seeing the features add also especially the nested folder favorites. I manage about 500 servers and would love to finally get it usable with this tool! Great job guys and keep up the good work!

-D