This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Troubles Connecting after installation

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 30, 2008 at 8:41 PM
Hello,

I have downloaded version 1.6l, unzipped and then doubled clicked the exe.  It asked me for some configuration (master pwd,etc) and then started the program.  I then tried to connect and it gave me the following pop up error:

Sorry, Terminals was unable to connect to the remote machine.  Try again, or check the log for more information.

I have looked in the log file then to see what the error is and this is the output in the log

INFO  2008-05-30 14:59:31,952   140ms Terminals              Main               - Terminals 1.6l started
ERROR 2008-05-30 14:59:32,467   656ms Terminals              PerformCheck       - Failed during CheckForCodeplexRelease.
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required.
   at Unified.Rss.RssFeed.read(String url, HttpWebRequest request, RssFeed oldFeed) in C:\Source\Terminals_2\Terminals\Updates\RSS\RssFeed.cs:line 191
   at Terminals.Updates.UpdateManager.CheckForCodeplexRelease() in C:\Source\Terminals_2\Terminals\Updates\UpdateManager.cs:line 55
   at Terminals.Updates.UpdateManager.PerformCheck(Object state) in C:\Source\Terminals_2\Terminals\Updates\UpdateManager.cs:line 79
FATAL 2008-05-30 14:59:47,406 15594ms Terminals              Connect            - Connecting to RDP
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_ParentInternal(Control value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Parent(Control value)
   at Terminals.Connections.RDPConnection.Connect() in C:\Source\Terminals_2\Terminals\Connections\RDPConnection.cs:line 70
FATAL 2008-05-30 14:59:49,406 17594ms Terminals              on_ThreadException - Application Exception
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnParentVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.OnVisibleChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
INFO  2008-05-30 14:59:49,406 17594ms Terminals              CreateTerminalTab  -
Property get of 'FullScreen' cannot be invoked at this time.

Finally, when I then try to close the session with the X for the tab it creates I get the following error:
Exception of type 'System.Windows.Forms.AxHost+InvalidActiveXStateException' was thrown.

I have tried many times changing settings for the proxy and other options in the configuration.  I have even deleted the zip file, re downloaded and tried from scratch with no luck.  I then had a colleague that sits right next to me try this (on the same network, same proxy, etc) and he was able to install this and use it with no problems.  He didn't have to change a single setting in the options - it worked straight away.

I am at a loss. Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Tyler