Suggestion: make detaching tabs optional

Topics: Developer Forum
Feb 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I have a suggestion: let's make tab detaching an optional thing. With latest beta I experience unexpected detaching:

1. You have opened 2 tabs: A and B. Close B tab, A tab sometimes detaches.

2. Sometimes it's enough to hold a mouse button a bit longer on tab name (i.e. when switching between tabs), and it detaches too.

Coordinator
Feb 26, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Yes, you are right, there is already reported issue, describing the same behavior.

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Detaching is useful but it is quite annoying when it happens unintentionally. For me it happens on a daily basis - I try to click on another open tab and it detaches. It seems that terminals reacts to mouse movement while clicking on a tab. If this is the cause then there should be implemented a minimum move distance to trigger a detach.

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Fix is prepared to be delivered in next version.

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Has this been implemented yet? I find this to be very much an annoyance as well. If so, where are the instructions to turning off this option?

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2012 at 4:29 PM

There was a bug, which caused unexpected detach of windows. There was no option added to disable the feature.

Jul 17, 2012 at 5:11 AM

There was a bug, or there is a bug? I don't see any new versions.

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM

There was a bug, that tabs detached, when not required. Now the tabs already in version 2 detach only when you see special icon and move the tab far away from its TabControl. If there is some missing use case, please provide screen shot or detail description, how to reproduce. To make the detaching optional, there no setting to configure such feature yet.

Jul 27, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Hi,

I also would like an option to disable detaching tabs. I often detach by mistake.

If the window is maximized and I use the mouse to click on the start menu, I usually go all the way to the bottom left corner of the screen and click. If I do this, Terminals will detach the window.

Another common situation is if I have windows open and use the task bar at the bottom of the screen. If I move my mouse all the way to the bottom and click, it detaches the screen.

Clicking on any of the left, right, or bottom edge of the window will cause the window to become detached. I have to train myself to not go all the way to the corner or bottom edge of the window and that's very difficult to do.

I'd appreciate it if this feature can be disabled.

Thanks!

Jul 30, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Thanks, vlourng, you've managed to exactly describe when that detaching happens. I can confirm that clicking on the very edge of the window makes it detach.