This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Issue with Port Scanner & Windows 7?

Mar 4, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Hi Guys,

I came across Terminals after searching for an alternative to mRemote.  I work as a Cisco network engineer and need something that can store several thousand connections.  I have no doubt that Terminals can do this.  I plan on using the Port Scanner to scan the network for devices responding on ports 22 & 23 and then (hopefully) create connections from them.

I've just tried the port scanner and whilst it scans nice and quick, it doesn't show any results.  I know for a fact there are devices on the test network with ports open which I'm scanning for.  Please see the screenshot showing a completed scan for the 192.168.1.0/24 network (port 1 - 1024).  At least half a dozen devices should be listed.

http://i42.tinypic.com/rmittv.jpg

Running Terminals v2 Beta4 and Windows 7 x64 SP1.

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I checked your issue, and it looks, like it really doesn't resolve the opened ports, it should be bug.

In case you want to import favorites depending on service supported by Terminals, you have to go to "Organize favorites" form. There from "Scan" menu select "Scan network". But there is no option to select different port, than default for each service.

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I know this issue. The current port scanner doesn't function like you expect it to. I have been working on renewing this tool, like in the past the ping and traceroute tool, to get rid of the old Metro library code. I will check if there is a workitem for this or otherwise create one and put it on my name to work on it.

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.