Terminals and ssh.net?

Mar 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hello

Is it possible to use ssh.net library   (http://sshnet.codeplex.com/) in terminals? Or maybe is there any other possibility/feature which allows  user to write some scripts which control and process session automatically in terminals project? For example I would like to create a script which executes ls -al command then checks if there is a file called filex.txt and if so executes rm filex.txt command.  I can do it using ssh.net but how to direct/connect ssh.net output to the   terminals console/display? Unfortunately ssh.net has no such feature like terminal window and ususes only normal console as a output :(

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Current implementation of Terminals uses SSH protocol from Granados project. The is no plan to move to another library. Also what i know there is no possibility to start a batch from client on the server using ssh connection. You have to save the batch on the server and run your script there.

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Thank you for your answer.

Regarding runnig batch from client side via ssh it is possible. Commerial terminal program like Reflection created by Attachmate can do this and also ssh.net has such possibility - it allows you to send string direct from your code and react for incomming strings sended by server.

Reflection has special object called Session which  offers many methods to control session from VBA marcos and such macro you can run from your terminal. Session object has for example Transmit method for sending string (commands) and Waitfor/DefineEvent method when you want to check if specific string (answer) was received from server.  This allow you for example to send your login name as an answer for incomming  string 'login:' received from server.

What a pitty that terminals doesn't support it - it would be useful for advanced purposes - like doing some configuration tasks on server - fully automatically.

Coordinator
Mar 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Yes, you noticed the difference :-), Terminals is open source. Is based on open source libraries and there is a space for large number of improvements. Current focus is to bring advanced usability features, like find or drag-drop etc. I completely agree, but will take a time until this will be implemented.