Updated EXE?

Jun 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I just rebuilt my PC and re-installed Terminals version 2.0 from 3/6/2012.

However, I recall there was an updated EXE that fixed a few minor issues.  I cannot seem to find it.

I also am having trouble building it from source using VS 2010, if anybody has some further guidance there.

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Hi, if you want to help, you have to provide error messages, compiler messages or other explanations, why you cant build the sources.
To get the latest binaries, check the developers documentation, where you can find link to the Team City nightly builds..

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Result: Failure Agent: HOMESERVER
Time: 26 May 12 19:06:30 - 19:07:13 (43s) Triggered by: Subversion on 26 May 12 19:06
Investigation:
No one is investigating the failure

There is a problem with the Team City autobuilds.

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2012 at 4:54 AM
Edited Jun 14, 2012 at 4:55 AM

I forwarded the issue to Rob, it seems, that the TeamCity configuration has changed. Our external partners have to fix it. We have to wait.

Jun 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Still broken.

Any idea when this might be addressed?

Coordinator
Jun 19, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I asked Rob and his answer is: "I need to source a build server." I am going to comment the link in documentation to prevent mystification.

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Edited Jul 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM

We are back online with CI.

Last Successful builds:

Just Binaries: http://goo.gl/EtEKV

Setup: http://goo.gl/6XXPj

Jul 9, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Trying to download either of the files i get a Terminals.zip containing only afile Buildlog.txt with this content:

The following files were specified on the command line:

Terminals.sln

These files could not be found and will not be loaded.

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I can verify that all the zip has in it is the build.txt.

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Can you try it now?

Due to the recent re-org (which is a good thing) of the source repo, i needed to update teamcity's build paths and such, not to mention i needed to fix a few of the reference locations.

Just built and tested a-ok for me!

If you are unsure, Help about..

This version of terminals was build for you on Monday, July 09, 2012 at 3:15:08 PM

We could also try to get the Major.Minor.Build.Revision in the title of the app to be up to date...

Cheers,

-Rob

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Just updated the assembly info and the method where we set the version. Title bar will have the full Major.Minor.Build.Revision labels for each build, when in Debug mode, otherwise (Release) it will have the specified string in Program.cs

Joys.

Jul 10, 2012 at 1:34 PM

OK, now I get setup files.

However, after uninstalling current version and trying the full setup on the new one:

The following information is part of the event:
 Product: Terminals -- Error 1001. Error 1001. Exception occurred while initializing the installation:
 System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Terminals\Terminals.exe' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded..; (NULL); (NULL); (NULL); (NULL); (NULL);

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2012 at 4:41 PM

What version of the framework do you have installed?  It seems like your running on a 64 bit OS (same here).  I have no issues with it.

Anything else in the logs which may assist?

Jul 10, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I have .net 3.5 and 4 installed.

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I repro'd the issue...

I didnt realize it but it is actually during the installation process itself!

I will dig in...

In the mean time, the non-setup version should still work.

Jul 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM

The binaries work *only* if you basically clear out the C:\Program Files\Terminals dir, copy in everything from the Zip, then copy back in your config.

Jul 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I spoke too soon.  It was complaining about needing the setup.msi when I tried to launch the program this morning under Win 7 x64.  I reverted the binaries to 3/6 and all is well again.

I'll play with it later.