This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Connect VNC on Xserve

Topics: User Forum
Oct 10, 2008 at 2:03 PM
I am attempting to connect to an Apple Xserve running Mac OS X Server 10.5.5. I can use TightVNC to connect, but I cannot use Terminals. The error message from the log is:

FATAL 2008-10-10 09:02:31,888  9203ms Terminals              Connect            - Connecting to VNC
VncSharp.VncProtocolException: Unable to connect to the server. Error was: Only versions 3.3, 3.7, and 3.8 of the RFB Protocol are supported. ---> System.NotSupportedException: Only versions 3.3, 3.7, and 3.8 of the RFB Protocol are supported.
   at VncSharp.RfbProtocol.ReadProtocolVersion() in C:\Source\Terminals\VncSharp\RfbProtocol.cs:line 175
   at VncSharp.VncClient.Connect(String host, Int32 display, Int32 port, Boolean viewOnly) in C:\Source\Terminals\VncSharp\VncClient.cs:line 115
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at VncSharp.VncClient.Connect(String host, Int32 display, Int32 port, Boolean viewOnly) in C:\Source\Terminals\VncSharp\VncClient.cs:line 151
   at VncSharp.RemoteDesktop.Connect(String host, Int32 display, Boolean viewOnly) in C:\Source\Terminals\VncSharp\RemoteDesktop.cs:line 329
   at VncSharp.RemoteDesktop.Connect(String host, Int32 display) in C:\Source\Terminals\VncSharp\RemoteDesktop.cs:line 304
   at VncSharp.RemoteDesktop.Connect(String host) in C:\Source\Terminals\VncSharp\RemoteDesktop.cs:line 277
   at Terminals.Connections.VNCConnection.Connect() in C:\Source\Terminals\Terminals\Connections\VNCConnection.cs:line 57

Does anyone have a suggestion?
Coordinator
Oct 26, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Quite simply put is Terminals uses an open source version of a control which provides the VNC support and that tool does not support anything other than those RFB Protocols listed, and your server is not included in that list.

I know I personally dont have time to look into how much time/work it would take to add more Protocol's to that external library.

http://cdot.senecac.on.ca/projects/vncsharp/

Nov 14, 2008 at 6:14 PM
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will see what, if any, resources are available to add more recent RFB protocol support to VNC#.