This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Export Favorites

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Oct 17, 2008 at 1:17 PM
    I'd like to ability to export all the connecton favorites.  I'd like to be able to import those on a different machine.
Oct 21, 2008 at 8:38 PM
All your favorites can be found in the Terminals.config file in your install directory.  Simply copy that file to your new machine and you should be all set.
Oct 26, 2008 at 8:17 PM
I also added the ability (tools, options) to push/pull your config via Amazon S3.
Aug 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM
Edited Aug 19, 2009 at 1:55 PM

When I try to import my favorites from Terminals 1,6a to the newest 1,7e I get the message that "Terminals was able to automatically upgrade your existing connections. " I get this message for each connection I have in the Favorites. And when I am done clicking ok for an eternity I get the Welcome Screen and quick setup guide/wizard. I can click next from the first welcome and Master Password screen, however when I try to click next on the last screen, the one with a few common options which I should take my time to tweak according to my needs, nothing happens.

I copied the terminals.config file in to the directory where 1,7e is located since there's no other way to import the file. Any suggestions on what to do?

Oct 2, 2009 at 11:41 PM

some of the settings names were modified between versions.

The easiest thing to do is to create a new connection in the new version and then open your config files and compare what setting names have changed then do a find/replace to replace those settings names in your old config file.

Don't worry about new settings that dont exist in the old file as they will be added with default settings when the file is read.

examples of settings that changed:

telnet => ssh1
telnetrows => consolerows
telnetcols => consolecols
telnetfont => consolefont
telnetbackcolor => consolebackcolor
telnettextcolor => consoletextcolor
telnetcursorcolor =>  consolecursorcolor