This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Server 2008 login gives 0xc000010b (account locked out)

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jul 23, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Recently built 2 Windows 2008 servers. On one, I login routinely with no problems. On the other, I can get in via RDP; but when I use Terminals; I get an 'Account locked out' message - on the very first attempt to login. I wait the cursory time (according to gpedit) and can then login again via plain ole RDP (Windows 7 SP1, Enterprise version). We are set to 5 tries (server policy); and then an appropriate lock out period.

So, I confirm the account is unlocked (plain ole RDP); then try my Terminals session. Immediately locked out with the code above. Connection type is RDP. I can login/logoff repeatedly with plain ole RDP.

Been using Terminals for some time now (thru many of the 1.n releases) and have upgraded to 2.0. Have used with a variety of OS's (XP, 2003 mostly, but have some other 2008 connections). This one connection is the only one to respond like this.

Any thoughts on how to diagnose? Got the above code from the Event Viewer. What other info could I provide?

Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks. Other than this, truly like the application!

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Can you provide log files? You can find them in application directory.
Also the complete detail from the event viewer message would be helpful.

Jul 24, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Certainly, most appreciated!

I do see errors; but not sure if ‘mine’ or ‘yours’!

Please let me know what more I can do!

Thanks! /Mark

Not zipping; small files – let me know if any issues …

Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:08 PM
To: Bandak, Mark
Subject: Re: Server 2008 login gives 0xc000010b (account locked out) [Terminals:387792]

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Just noticed the request for the complete Event Viewer info; let’s hope I can grab this …

An account failed to log on.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: TRACDATDBT1V$

Account Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon ID: 0x3e7

Logon Type: 11

Account For Which Logon Failed:

Security ID: NULL SID

Account Name: mbandak

Account Domain: TRACDATDBT1V

Failure Information:

Failure Reason: An Error occured during Logon.

Sub Status: 0x0

Process Information:

Caller Process ID: 0x3a0

Caller Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\consent.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: TRACDATDBT1V

Source Network Address: ::1

Source Port: 0

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: CredPro

Authentication Package: Negotiate

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon request fails. It is generated on the computer where access was attempted.

The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon.

The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

Good, can copy this … there are another series; but I believe those are the ones indicating that I was trying to login to an already locked out account; sample follows:

An account failed to log on.

Subject:

Account Name: -

Account Domain: -

Logon ID: 0x0

Logon Type: 3

Account For Which Logon Failed:

Account Name: mbandak

Account Domain: OITB263

Failure Information:

Failure Reason: Unknown user name or bad password.

Sub Status: 0xc000006a

Process Information:

Caller Process ID: 0x0

Caller Process Name: -

Network Information:

Workstation Name: OITB263

Source Network Address: 160.nnn.nnn.nnn (edited)

Source Port: 52696

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: NtLmSsp

Authentication Package: NTLM

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon request fails. It is generated on the computer where access was attempted.

The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon.

The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

Please let me know what more I can provide.

Thanks.

Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 2:08 PM
To: Bandak, Mark
Subject: Re: Server 2008 login gives 0xc000010b (account locked out) [Terminals:387792]