Linux/Gnome Access?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 26, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Hi,

I know Terminals supports SSH access, but is it possible to access a Gnome or KDE desktop through SSH, as when using NX clients like NoMachine?  I have many Linux VPS machines where Terminals' SSH mode works fine, but I have at least two which have a full desktop, and I would like to access those via the desktop itself.  I know I can probably use VNC, but was wondering if more direct access is available.

If not, is this functionality in the works?

Thanks!

- Joseph Ruggiero

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Hi, until now there was no requirement to support such scenario. There are known issues with SSH and it may happen, some of them are related to your problem.

Personally I recommend to try VNC. What I know, there is no request to fix configuration combination  you described.

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Thanks for the response.   Terminals is so great already, I think support of the NX /NoMachine protocol would be awesome.  Of course, there has to be enough of a demand, and if you say there is little to none, then so be it.    I believe that, as a workaround, I could probably install the NX web plugin on my web server, and set it up as a Terminals connection.  Would that work?

Meanwhile, I ask that do keep my suggestion for direct support of NX in the queue for the future?

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2012 at 9:45 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.