This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

a website is trying to start a remote connection

Topics: User Forum
Oct 24, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I have been using Terminals for 5+ years on a daily basis.  I have used it on multiple workstations I have had from WinXP sp1,2,3 and Win7 x86,64. 

Old workstation: Win7 sp1 x64 with Terminals 2.0

I recently received a new workstation. 

New workstation: Win7 sp1 x64 with Terminals 2.0

With every connection, on the new workstation, I am faced with a warning "a website is trying to start a remote connection."  If I click connect, it connects fine.  The next connection attempt at same server will throw warning again.

This did not happen on the old workstation.

If I open mstsc.exe from start menu on the new workstation and attempt to connect to server, it will connect without issue.

*edit:  I have searched thru the forum here and saw a few posts that were slightly related but none offered solutions.

Oct 24, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I believe this is due to the KB2592687 Windows update for RDP 8.0 - my Terminals just started exhibiting the same behaviour today, and I applied that update yesterday.

Oct 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I had this update installed.  I removed the update and did the required reboot.

VOILA!!!!  I am no longer being prompted.

Thank you

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2012 at 8:05 AM

But you lose the RDP Version 8 functionality :-(

I really love the new performance, like being able to view Videos over Wifi through RDP.

And what about running Terminals under windows 8?

Since we user Microsoft Products, i think we cannot just uninstall newer features, but have to find a solution to get the new features running as smooth as possible.

Did anybody check out this post:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprosecurity/thread/1fd2f8d2-ef44-45a8-8561-7c805dfe9bb6

2x did also solve this:

http://www.2x.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23524

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Push... PLEASE!!

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Be patient. Currently the security improvements take place. After that we would have a look at the Windows 8 support.

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I'm just annoyed with having to confirm that I want to connect EVERY time.

I'm using Win 7 with the RDP 8 updates on both ends.  There's no "set it and forget it" option. 

Highly annoying, MS!

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I'd just like to add a non-demanding +1 to this request.  Our Enterprise desktop team pushed this patch out and we are having the same issue.  Sure would be nice to have it go away.

Thanks for all the hard work!