Credential problem latest build 100813

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM

In the latest build there is a problem with the credentials (2.1 build 100813)

If you create a new connection and use the credential manager or just fill in the credentials under a new favorite and then try to connect is will still ask for the password.

I don't know if this is the same problem as the NLA problem but i think not because in the stable 2.0 it is not a problem.

I know that jirkapok and RobChartier are still busy with this new version (which i really appreciate), just to let you guys know.

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Ups, credentials are swimming...
I think, there is some undone task in credentials. I will have a look at it.

Thank you for your early feedback, currently such feedback is important, because of large number of changes in data layer. Notice, that current version is still under really active development. e.g. Passwords will be upgraded to provide higher security. And since next week, there will be no more not encrypted user name or domain.

I don't recommend to use nightly builds in production environment.

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2012 at 3:26 AM

I didn't find any issue in credentials resolution. Please can specify connection type and provide screen shot of the password prompt?

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Edited Dec 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM

jirkapok I made a RDP connection to a machine doesn't matter what kind, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2008, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 and then the problem occurs when I fill in the credentials in the connection or when I use predefined credentials in de credential manager (see screenshot below).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It seems that it doesn't use the password for some reason, all other information is displayed correctly and used. This example is without the domain filled in but the same occurs with the domain filled in.

Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Dec 13, 2012 at 12:12 PM

From the screenshot window decoration i see, that you are using Windows 8. Because there are already reported issues with Windows 8 i think the source of the problem may be has something to do with it.

Are you sure, that on the same machine, if you start Terminals 2.0 this behavior doesn't appear?

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Yes that's correct i'm using RDP 8.0 and Windows 8.

With Terminals 2.0 there are no problems, i'm using Terminals 2.0 right now.