SSH doesn't work for me

Topics: User Forum
Dec 4, 2008 at 2:15 PM
I can't SSH into my SUSE linux servers.  These are servers that I was previously using PUTTY to SSH into just fine.  PUTTY still works, as a matter of fact.  When I try Terminals, however, I get an amber cursor on a black screen, and nothing happens.  If I hit ENTER, the session disappears.  I honestly can't imagine what I'm doing wrong.  I know how to use SSH.  I'm specifying SSH v.2 and port 22 for the session.  If I try any other settings, Terminals tells me that it can't connect.  It feels almost to me like it's having trouble with the key exchange or something.  I never do get any dialogue about whether I want to accept the key for the host or not.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2008 at 4:16 PM

I'm willing to be the client library that I'm using doesnt handle the key exchange stuff either.  Very unfortunate. 

If only I could get my hands on a SSHv2 server with that security model in place.....
Jan 2, 2009 at 5:06 AM
I have confirmed this behavior with numerous SSH v2 servers listening on both standard and non-standard ports.  Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
Jan 11, 2009 at 7:14 PM
v1.7d did not seem to resolve any of these issues.
Coordinator
Jan 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Give the latest build a try (within 1.7d).  I touched a bit of it up, including honoring alternative ports.

Jan 14, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2009 at 2:05 PM
Thanks, Rob!  The new build is connecting perfectly now!  Nice job!