This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Terminals crashes windows 7 Beta 1

Topics: User Forum
Jan 2, 2009 at 11:37 AM
Terminals opens and crashes with an error "stopped working"  Could this be due to the version of .net framework?
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2009 at 11:35 PM
I'm assuming Windows 7 ships with at least the latest SP of v3.5?  If not, be sure it install the Redist...
Jan 7, 2009 at 11:42 PM
1.7b does work ok on Win7, but not 1.7c or 1.7d. No idea what the difference is.

Chris
Jan 8, 2009 at 12:48 AM
I have the latest build of .net.  Version 1.7b does work as you suggested Szurgot.  I will keep using this until the issue is fixed.
Thanks for the feedback
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2009 at 6:00 PM
Anything of use in the Log file?
Jan 8, 2009 at 11:41 PM
Here is the log file:

INFO  2009-01-09 10:12:49,909  1013ms Terminals              Main               - Terminals 1.7d started
ERROR 2009-01-09 10:17:15,690 266794ms Terminals              nextButton_Click   - Loading default shortcuts in the wizard.
System.ArgumentException: Win32 handle that was passed to Icon is not valid or is the wrong type.
   at System.Drawing.Icon..ctor(IntPtr handle, Boolean takeOwnership)
   at System.Drawing.Icon..ctor(IntPtr handle)
   at System.Drawing.Icon.FromHandle(IntPtr handle)
   at IconHandler.IconHandler.IconsFromFile(String Filename, IconSize Size) in C:\Source\Terminals\Terminals\IconHandler.cs:line 100
   at Terminals.Wizard.SpecialCommandsWizard.LoadSpecialCommands() in C:\Source\Terminals\Terminals\Wizard\SpecialCommandsWizard.cs:line 44
   at Terminals.FirstRunWizard.nextButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Source\Terminals\Terminals\Wizard\FirstRunWizard.cs:line 89

Regards

Matt
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2009 at 7:01 PM
Ok, I handled that issues globally in the app now.  Next release should include a fix for this (1.7e).  If your anxious and want to try it out faster than my normal builds let me know and I will get one out to you ASAP (I would love to get someone to give Terminals a once over in the Windows 7 environment).

Thanks,

-Rob
Jan 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM
Hi Rob

I would be happy to test it for you.  Can you send me a new build please.

Regards

Matthew
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I have uploaded a Windows 7 patch to the release.

http://www.codeplex.com/Terminals/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=21480
Jan 12, 2009 at 5:44 PM
I've been using the Win7 version for a few days now, and it works well. Ironically, I turned off the shortcut bar (which is what was causing the problem, I think) because it's too cluttered. :)

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2009 at 6:59 PM
I really need to do something about the shortcut bar.  I wonder if anyone actually uses it...
Jan 12, 2009 at 8:10 PM
I personally never use the shorcut bar.
Mar 5, 2009 at 4:22 PM
I'd love to use the shortcut bar (if I were able to edit it and have it keep my settings)  I've just started playing with Terminals and this would give me more of a "one stop shopping" work console. So far I've found that I lose my changes on next launch, the terminal.config fiels appears to regenerate itself with original settings for shortcuts...maybe I'm missing something.?