Terminals and WebEx

Topics: User Forum
Mar 28, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I recently noticed during a WebEx that after I granted a remote user keyboard and mouse access control while they could see the Terminal application they could not set focus on any of the application controls or any open RDP sessions.

Since the remote session involved an off site engineer needing independant accesss for 8 hours I was forced to install an application called mRemoteNG which did provide the user neccesary control.

I there something in Terminals or the configuration that prevents it being used in a remote control session?
Mar 29, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Right now the application needs administrative rights from the UAC. If you turn off the UAC it should work. But I believe in the next release that has been fixed from what I have seen. Except running in portable mode of course.

In that scenario I typically just open the standard remote desktop though rather than turning off the UAC. But I can see it being an annoyance especially since mRemoteNG has a tendency to wipe its settings all the time.
Apr 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Unfortunately I can't turn off UAC since I must use a seperate administrative account in RDP. I find if I don't use that ID when opening Terminals I am not able to establish a terminals session.