Coordinator
Jan 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Is the Shortcut Bar useful?

Take the Poll Here:

http://poll.pollcode.com/zriH

Nov 15, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Edited Nov 15, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I love the potential the toolbar has! It just keeps resetting all changes I make, after a restart of terminals...

Nov 16, 2010 at 8:30 AM

I've voted no.

I must confess, the shortcut bar did confuse me when I first seen it. Since Terminals is all about controlling remote computers, I had originally assumed (before trying it) that the icons would affect the remote computer. When I discovered that they only affected the local computer I didn't see the point and hid the toolbar.

Haven't really looked at it for several versions.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I would use the shortcut bar if I could figure out how to keep it from resetting back to defaults every time I close and open it. I use some of them a lot, but I want to remove the ones I don't use and add others for applications we use in our environment.

Dec 22, 2010 at 7:02 PM

No, the current tool bars are constantly screwed up unless I delete the file that resets them back to defaults.. It is activating and has caused me to hardly ever use terminals any more.

Rip them out and redo all the toolbar code please!

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:14 AM

No, never use them.

The Favorites menu is too long to be useful too - it really needs groups so you can group servers by the environment, e.g. "Client A" > "Prod", "Test" etc; "Client B" > "SQL", "Test" etc...