Windows key "sticks"

Topics: User Forum
Jan 13, 2009 at 12:22 AM
I experience this every stinkin' time I click off the RDP connection in Terminals. 

I'll start typing in a different window / application and when I hit a key that's mapped to a hotkey function, that function fires off.
That's rather confusing, so as an illustration, when I click on a different window and hit the "L" key, it's the same as if I held the Windows key and tapped "L" - the screen is locked and I'm presented with the login screen.
If I press and release the Windows key by itself, then begin typing, no problem.  It's as if the Windows key is toggled on, similar to Caps Lock or Num Lock, and pressing it toggles it off.  However, this behavior isn't exhibited in Terminals.  If I click on a tab to go from one connection to another, I can type all I want and the connection behaves normally.  It's when I get back to my PC that the key sticks.

If it were happening with any other application, I'd suspect my keyboard, but it's only when I leave the Terminals program to type in a different application.

Am I alone with this problem?

Dave
Jan 21, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Okay, looks like I was alone!.
I have since discovered the cause.  Instead of using Windows Explorer as my OS shell, I was using LiteStep.  It appears that, once I switched back to Explorer, my Windows Key issues disappeared.

So, looks like LiteStep's the culprit.