This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Option to disable opening Terminals News home page at start

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 14, 2009 at 5:56 AM
Good day

I've been using Terminals for a while and it's a great piece of software. Thanks for all the hard work!

I would just like to request that there be an option (or help on how to find that option if it exists, since I can't seem to find it anywhere!) to disable automatically starting the Terminals News home page whenever I launch Terminals. Rather, I would like to launch the page only if I want to see it. It just gets a little annoying to have this extra tab pop up when I start Terminals.
Jan 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM
I second that, with one addition:  if I could set it so that it only opens when a new version is released, I would find that to be incredibly useful.
Jan 21, 2009 at 9:35 AM
It could me merged/moved/updated etc somehow to co-incide when a new version is available as currently it is only shown on the 'Help' menu with no 'obvious' highlight or glimph that a new version is available. Maybe a new menu option that shows some RSS feeds from the Terminals Codeplex page for 'Releases' & 'Discussions' even.

(If any of that makes sense, great, thinking aloud)
Jan 28, 2009 at 5:42 PM
I agree, it would be nice if it only loaded if there was something new posted, whether its a message or new version.
Feb 20, 2009 at 2:16 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.