Can't connect to a Mac using VNC

Topics: User Forum
Jan 21, 2009 at 9:30 PM
I've tried connecting using the dns name... fully qualified dns name... IP address.

I just can't connect.  here's a bit of the error log.

FATAL 2009-01-21 16:11:40,295 253701ms Terminals              Connect            - Connecting to VNC
VncSharp.VncProtocolException: Unable to connect to the server. Error was: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.10.19.89:5900 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.10.19.89:5900
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
   at VncSharp.RfbProtocol.Connect(String host, Int32 port) in C:\Source\Terminals\VncSharp\RfbProtocol.cs:line 108
   at VncSharp.VncClient.Connect(String host, Int32 display, Int32 port, Boolean viewOnly) in C:\Source\Terminals\VncSharp\VncClient.cs:line 119
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at VncSharp.VncClient.Connect(String host, Int32 display, Int32 port, Boolean viewOnly) in C:\Source\Terminals\VncSharp\VncClient.cs:line 156
   at VncSharp.RemoteDesktop.Connect(String host, Int32 display, Boolean viewOnly, Boolean scaled) in C:\Source\Terminals\VncSharp\RemoteDesktop.cs:line 349
   at Terminals.Connections.VNCConnection.Connect() in C:\Source\Terminals\Terminals\Connections\VNCConnection.cs:line 55

It says that 5900 isn't available... but it is, I connect to it all day.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

J