Information - Development changes (Setup project and VS 2012)

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Hi, this is information for all developers, we are moving to the Visual Studio 2012.
Because the setup project is deprecated and was the purpose of using 2010, we have to move to another setup project type first. As a replacement WIX was selected. Current development version is the last one in Visual Studio 2010.
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I actualy checked in new wix setup project in its custom solution. This is temporal solution. After the setup will be finished it will replace current setup.
For development Wix ToolSet is required from http://WixToolSet.org. Development documentation was updated also.
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I successfully implemented new Setup in WIX. Please test it on your environment, specially upgrades have to be tested and install on Windows XP.
Solution TerminalsSetup.sln, Wix toolset v3.7 has to be installed.
See work item 34319.
After ensuring, we have working Setup, i will replace current setup in main solution and we can move to Visual Studio 2012.
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Setup was replaced in the solution. Notice, that the Setup is not finished and should be tested carefully.
Next version will be delivered using Wix Setup.
Because the TeamCity builds are temporary down, because of some issue with source control connection, the nightly builds configuration cant be updated.
So the TeamCity configuration will be upgraded after the builds are up again.