Annoying bug: cannot use mouse in a specific RDP until clicking inside another one.

Topics: User Forum
Jul 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Hey,

While working with RDP, sometimes when I click outside the RDP window (I don't have specific scenario), when I click back into the RDP of that machine the click makes a "beep" (same beep that happens when you click on an application when there is a modal window open) and nothing happens.

The only workaround I have is openning another RDP sessions to another computer, clicking inside, and that "releases" first RDP session. It must be another RDP session (HTTP session for instance won't work).

Also, I did not encounter this issue in terminals 2.0 .

Thanks!
Jul 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I'm having the same issue. Windows 7 (32bit). Upgraded to Terminals 3.1.0 and the issue still exists.

Please fix!

Thanks.
Jul 19, 2013 at 5:47 PM
Indeed very annoying. I was hoping that version 3.1 solved the small bugs in version 3.0 (for example terminals can't distinguish between a broken connection and a logoff, and keeps reconnecting), but this bug made ​​me go back to 2.0
Jul 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Edited Jul 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I have the same issue, and I noticed that if this lock happens when I try to open a new RDP session, it often also locks my AD account I use to log on that machine.
So I am left with a locked window, and when I finally am able to type in my password (should have done this automaticaly since it is saved creds), it tells me my account is locked. I have to go an unlock it and then it works.

BTW, for me, clicking on another tab and returning to the locked one does not work. I have to click on my favorite list, and press tab to get to the RDP window - then it is unlocked.

Verry annoying indeed.
I am using Win7 x64

Shouldn't this be moved in the "Issues" list?
Thanks!
Jul 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM
p.s.

I had another annoying bug in 3.1 (not in 3.0):

When I logged off terminals asked if I want to reconnect, so I checked "don't ask me again" and clicked on "no".
What happened is that it doesn't ask anymore but automatically chooses YES!
So, everytime I logged off a machine, it got logged into it again! The only way I could log off the machine was to return the dialog from the config.

This bug and the bug mentioned above made me go back to 2.0 .

With all that, once you go terminals (2.0 !!!), you can't go back! :-)
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Please always read issues list first: https://terminals.codeplex.com/workitem/34262
Jul 29, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Just to add to the issue of screen being locked....
I noticed that if I try to connect RDP to a machine and it can't connect - server rebooting and not yet ready, or something similar - then there is a popup informing the remote server did not answer, and that is when I get the lock bug.
Maybe it will help figure out this bug?!?
Aug 1, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Noticed something interesting about the screen lockup.
I had 2 RDP sessions open.
On the first one, I am copying a file.
I click on the tab of the second, and I need to log in - click on the password box and enter my password (didn't look to see the dots appearing) and press enter.
Nothing...but on the other tab, I cancelled my file copy.
So, it looks like the control "view" is switched to the new tab, but not the keyboard/mouse control.
Aug 8, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Updated to 3.2 this morning and unfortunately it looks like this bug is still present.
Aug 14, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Edited Aug 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Hi,

Here's the scenario:
  1. Connect using RDP connection from Favorites bar to some server.
  2. Click on the empty space in Favorites tab area.
  3. Click at the just opened RDP connection to hear "beep".
Workaround:
Click Tab button twice.

This annoying bug prevents me from upgrade 2.0 -> 3.2. Unfortunately.

Edited.
Not click but Press. Sorry :)
Aug 15, 2013 at 10:58 PM
SergiiG wrote:
Hi,

Here's the scenario:
  1. Connect using RDP connection from Favorites bar to some server.
  2. Click on the empty space in Favorites tab area.
  3. Click at the just opened RDP connection to hear "beep".
Workaround:
Click Tab button twice.

This annoying bug prevents me from upgrade 2.0 -> 3.2. Unfortunately.
this workaround did not work for me. what button did you click twice.

also, i created an issue for this bug:

https://terminals.codeplex.com/workitem/34376
Aug 19, 2013 at 9:45 AM
joshbouganim wrote:
what button did you click twice.
The Tab button on keyboard.