This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Do you want to reconnect?

Topics: User Forum
Aug 6, 2013 at 5:21 AM
This new version is fantastic with the exception of this dialogue, every time I try to close (log off) an RDP connection. If I choose not to ask again and select "no", the RDP connection closes this one time and on all subsequent attempts to close (log off), immediately re-opens the connection without prompting.

I know I can select Tools/Options/Connections and check the box to prompt me but I DON'T want that. I don't want to be prompted and I don't want the session reopened without me expressly doing so.

I think this may have been added as a "feature" and if so, it is the worst thing to ever happen to my experience with Terminals, the rest of which I love, by the way.

Please can someone comment on how to both remove this prompt and still close a session when I log off from an RDP session? If so, great!
Aug 6, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I totally agree with the first poster. Version 3 is great but the re-connect thing is more than a little odd. As previously mentioned, it might be a feature introduced in this version but it does seem strange there is no way to turn it off. I'm pretty sure that not everyone is going to want to log off a connection without the connection re-opening, especially when you log off the connection (although there may be no way to detect logging off of or losing connection).

As I upgraded from a previous version - and I should mention that was perfect as it took all my previous settings without any problems - I thought maybe it was related to an older version's settings but I deleted all the config files and the data folder and the behaviour was still the same when I created a new connection.

Thanks again for a great application.
Aug 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM
I so should have checked the Issues tab first - https://terminals.codeplex.com/workitem/34262. I can see its an issue that's being worked on and is possibly fixed in the nightly versions, although I'm guessing not in the released download, at least as of 5th August 2013.

Thanks for looking at the problem, really appreciated.
Aug 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Hi, i will publish new version soon, which should contain a fix. Solution was check, by other users like mentioned in the issue nr. 34264.
Fix also already has to be present in nightly build from 5th August 2013.