This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

3 Bugs: Favorites, Copy & rename function

Jan 26, 2009 at 7:04 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Using 1.7e on Vista x86 SP1 (no problems existed in 1.7d)

Path installed/unzipped is: "D:\Program Files - Shared\Terminals"

BUG 1:
Each time I startup Terminals the Favorites/History menu doubles it's width... so next startup it doubles it's doubled size..and so on.
I always need to correct it's size before use.

BUG 2:
Using the Copy function to duplicate an already existing RDP connection results in that the original connection gets overwritten. All looks ok until i use the "Close" button and the Favorites meny gets refreshed.  

BUG 3:
When for example I want to change connection name from "UPPERCASENAME" to "uppercasename" in the "Manage Connections" just by simple-clicking in the grid (column Name) it will give you Error: "A connection called <connection name here> already exists".
(this bug have always existed in all versions)

Jan 27, 2009 at 10:14 AM
I had issues very similar to BUG2 listed above today when making duplicates of some fav's to test with 'Console' and Normal with a new Terminal Server I am setting up.

Will look into this more when I get the chance and post some re-pro steps.

Cheers,

Stephen
Jan 28, 2009 at 9:08 AM
I experienced same as BUG2. I really wonder a bit, because this already worked in version before.

regards
stephan
Jan 28, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Same problem here with the Favorites/History pane not remembering it's size when started.
Jan 28, 2009 at 4:44 PM
@frandoestoast:
Actually, for me the size is remembered, but then it doubles that size over and over again each startup.
Jan 28, 2009 at 8:03 PM
I too was affected by #1 and #2.  I didn't have much time to test it and have since reverted to v1.7d.
Jan 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM
Is there anything unclear about the BUG 3 that I reported? (..since noone reproduced it)
Then plz tell me so I can make it more "understandable"
Jan 28, 2009 at 10:20 PM
RE: Bug 2 & 3

1. Connection Name 123
2. Rename to ABC
3. Connection stays displayed as 123
4. Close 'Organize Favorites' and re-open and connection is now ABC
5. Renamining ABC to abc results in error "A connection named abc already exists"

Asides from step 5 just being a Case-Sensitive operation which is a common application issue that I don't mind (would prefer if it didn't happen but low priority on case-sensitive naming) having to close the orginize favorites and re-open before changes are reflected is a regression in 1.7e.

6. Now trying to delete connection ABC I have clicked delete twice and through 'organize favorites' and re-opened and connection ABC still exists.
7. Exiting Terminals and re-opening Terminals 1.7e connection ABC still existed but when deleting the first time this instance worked fine.

RE: Bug 1

In Terminals Config I now have favoritePanelWidth="1233" moving the width and checking terminals.config again shows favoritePanelWidth="120" closing Terminals and re-opening I now have favoritePanelWidth="193" close and open again and now favoritePanelWidth="311"

Weird behaviour going on in 'Organize Favorites' with Terminals 1.7e yet at the same time all 3 bugs are only minor inconveniences to me and can be worked around.
Jan 30, 2009 at 2:41 AM
I can reproduce BUG 2 and it's quite annoying.

Coordinator
Feb 20, 2009 at 2:18 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.