RDP Console login (RDP /admin)

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 16, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Edited Dec 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM
I was missing this to function properly on the last version and was hoping to be corrected on the 3.4, but it's still not working. The "connect to console" check box doesn't seem to make any difference. I believe versions <= to 3.2 this feature was working fine.
Any chance to have this fixed?

Thanks
Jan 24, 2014 at 7:36 AM
I have just migrated from v2.0 to v3.4 and tested this: for me it's working!
  1. I have opened a normal connection to a DC wia mstsc /admin
  2. I have run the RDP manager to see what is active
  3. then I have connected to the same DC using Terminals with the options Connect to console selected
  4. I have stolen the session opened directly with mstc with the message "connection closed by another user"
The DC is a Win2008 R2
Feb 26, 2014 at 7:44 PM
I am having this same issue. I imported the connections from an export made in Terminals 2.x into the newest version. The connect to console box is checked. No dice.

I did an export on the current version and connecttoconsole is true.

I deleted all of my favorites and re-imported from the 3.4 generated file. Same deal, boxes checked and no console connection.

Of note, Edit Connection -> uncheck the box -> save and close and then Edit Connection -> check the box -> save and close seems to work sometimes. It must be done X times and X is not constant.
Feb 26, 2014 at 8:04 PM
Oddly, I tried doing it by hand and mstsc /admin works mstsc /console does not.

This is a windows 2003 server. Very puzzling...
Feb 27, 2014 at 9:25 AM
the /console option is deprecated since the win2008's mstsc library...
Wich version of MSTSC are you using? Check that you didn't install the newest from Win8!! On my Seven I'm still using the v6.1.7601 which is RDP v7.1
Check if you have one or both these KB; if you have installed them remove and reboot. Check if now it's working!!
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2592687 (RDP v8.0)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2830477 (RDP v8.1)