SSH to Cisco devices

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM
I'm having some trouble connecting to Cisco routers and firewalls that are SSH-enabled.  I can connect to more typical SSH hosts (like Linux servers) just fine.  When I try to connect to a Cisco firewall or router, though, I get only a blinking cursor after supplying credentials.  Has anyone found a workaround for this?  I'm using Terminals 1.7e on WinXP SP3 and on Vista SP1.
Feb 20, 2009 at 7:20 PM
Depending on your version Cisco was in between SSH version 1 and 2 (1.5) so it was difficult using some clients. Can you connect using other clients?

Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

Date: 20 Feb 2009 07:13:47 -0800
To: <zarthan@gmail.com>
Subject: SSH to Cisco devices [Terminals:48006]

I'm having some trouble connecting to Cisco routers and firewalls that are SSH-enabled.  I can connect to more typical SSH hosts (like Linux servers) just fine.  When I try to connect to a Cisco firewall or router, though, I get only a blinking cursor after supplying credentials.  Has anyone found a workaround for this?  I'm using Terminals 1.7e on WinXP SP3 and on Vista SP1.
Feb 20, 2009 at 7:23 PM
I currently use PuTTY to manage these devices and it works without any trouble at all.
Feb 21, 2009 at 12:55 AM
Putty will automatically choose the appropriate ssh version. Try forcing it to use version 2 only.

Sent on the Now Network� from my Sprint® BlackBerry

Date: 20 Feb 2009 12:23:36 -0800
To: <zarthan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: SSH to Cisco devices [Terminals:48006]

I currently use PuTTY to manage these devices and it works without any trouble at all.