This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Terminals automation

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 6, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Greetings,

My apologies if this is common knowledge. I'm looking to automate working with Terminals favorites and groups.
  • Is there an API to Create / Read/ Update / Delete favorites and groups?
  • If not, has anyone built any scripts to manipulate XML files for this purpose? I had something that was moderately functional, although it appears the design has changed in v3.x (e.g. Favorite ID and Group ID....)
My use case is as follows: I have an inventory of several thousand computers. This inventory includes their names, purposes, responsible teams, etc. At the moment, I can easily script out 'Get me all servers I am responsible for,' or 'Get me all Citrix infrastructure servers'. I would like to then programmatically add these to the 'My Servers,' and 'Citrix Infrastructure Servers,' groups, respectively, along with many other queries to build up a personalized Terminals experience.

This seems like it would be a common use case. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Jan 28, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Hi all,

bump again - Is there a way for me to build up an XML file to add servers programmatically? As it is, 'Favorite ID' and 'Group ID' seem to preclude this. On a side note... Am I expected to maintain a list of hundreds or thousands of servers?

Any workarounds or solutions? I'm stuck on Terminals 2 until this is resolved!

Cheers!
Developer
Jan 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM
There is no public API, but: