This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Telnet/SSH issues

Topics: User Forum
Apr 15, 2009 at 1:43 PM
Hi,

I am just giving a try to Terminals.
Running on my XP SP3 [US] system, I have no pb to connect via RDP to W2k3 servers.
But I also need to connect to *nix systems, via telnet and ssh. And I noticed some weird things :
 - no way to enter '[' and '|' characters... I have a US keyboard. But I have also tried with another country keyboard : all keys are ok but '[' and '|'.
   Honest, it is a bit hard to work in shell without having the pipe... :)
 - when I login,  I have to ctl+c to have the prompt. And depending on the shell command I run, I also have to ctl+c to be displayed the prompt at the end of this command. With 'ls' the prompt is coming at the end, as expected ; but after 'cd' I have to ctl+c to view the prompt ... !
 - I can change the bg color of terminal window, but not the foreground color : it is always green whatever I select.

Any idea ?
Apr 17, 2009 at 8:17 AM
I use Win XP SP3 [IT] system and I have no problem with RDP but many similar problems with SSH connections, so for ssh connection I use putty.
It will be great if in the next release of Terminals there will be the possibility to choose to use an external executable file for ssh connection (like putty).
May 2, 2009 at 3:31 AM
I agree,

The ssh connection here is extreamly basic in nature.  I use secureCRT and it would be nice if you could open up a secureCRT, or any other ssh client, within a 'terminals' tab window as there are many features otherwise native to most ssh/telnet clients that just aren't available here.  One most notable is the inability to use the command recall/scroll ability to select previously entered commands.  The other is the ability to adopt/define ansi screen features.