RDP Access Issue

Topics: User Forum
Mar 17, 2014 at 7:08 PM
I recently changed the IP and server name on a standalone server. When trying to RDP to the renamed server using Terminals, my local account on that server is disabled once I send credentials. This does not happen when using the traditional Remote Desktop Connection client that is part of the OS. Both the server and my workstation are standalone, so no interference from GPOs and the like.
A few items I've done while troubleshooting:
  1. Cleared the workstation certificate cache of anything with old and new server names.
  2. Deleted local account on server & created new account using the same name.
  3. Removed user ID from Terminals Credential Manager & re-added using the same name.
  4. If I logon to the server from my workstation using Terminals & a separate account, the above mentioned account is once again disabled. If I use the RDC client, no problems are seen.
  5. Terminals server Favorite connection has been deleted and re-added.
  6. Have dug through the configuration of above Terminals server Favorite looking for any evil. (None seen)
    Troubleshooting points to something in Terminals, but I'm not sure what. One of my first suspicions was a wacky certificate, but that does not appear to be the case.
Suggestions anyone?
Thank you!
Developer
Mar 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Try to disable NLA on RDP tab page in your favorite settings.
Apr 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM
No luck when disabling NLA. Also tried several combination variations with both NLA and TLS. None were successful.