Thanks, and some wishes

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 26, 2009 at 1:52 PM
G'day guys,
I've been using Terminals, 1.7e,  for a few months now, and it's just excellent.  Thank you.

Can I make a couple of comments?  The memory leak, and the cpu usage.  After Terminals has had the focus for a while mem can creep up to 150, 200, 250, even 641MB!.  Not every time, I wish I could find a pattern.  Similarly cpu can climb to 50+% usage, but not consistently.

A few wishes concerning the interface.
Language, the menu calls it Organize favourites, but the toobar icon's tooltip says Manage connections.  Whether organising or managing them, a column for the RDP desktop size would be helpful, plus the ability to sort by the columns would be a benefit. 

Connection Defaults:
. It would be very helpful if could I set a default for desktop size in Options somewhere? 
. Likewise defaulting the wallpaper to off would be useful for new connections.

The favourites panel:
. Any chance it could remember its width setting and tag expanded/collapsed state between sessions?
. A delayed tooltip on the connection displaying the notes could be useful.
. With the tag list displayed at the left, and expanded to display a tag group, if I right click /properties to edit a connection then OK or Cancel to quit that dialog, the expanded group collapses.  I'd prefer that it stayed in the same state.
. After having the tag list displayed, and closing a connection, the tag list display collapses.    It would be preferable if the tag list display remembered its state so that if it was expanded before, it stays expanded, if it was collapsed before, it stays collapsed.  (I presume that some users will use the tag list, some will like the shortcut feature.)

Regards
Ken
May 2, 2009 at 2:34 AM
Edited May 2, 2009 at 2:35 AM
This is a great package but like all things... it only gets greater with continued evolution.

A feature that I found would be desirable in addition to the above is the ability to select a particular drive to share in RDP as opposed to just sharing them all.  The most recent MS desktop connection allows for selective drive sharing and I have found it to be quite handy.
Jun 11, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I think this is an awesome tool. I want to convert from my current tool to this. Currently using MMC with a lot of RDP Snap-In's added. It's worked ok until now when i see there are other tools out there. I agree with kenrob about the favorites panel. It would be great if that could just be pinned down to a set size either open or closed and not always minimizing/auto-hiding back to the far left side whenever you disconnect. Other than that, a very nice tool which i hope to use for a long time.

Thanks!