This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Connection name in titlebar

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 18, 2014 at 3:17 PM
If there's a way to do this, I can't find it!

I use a time-tracking application that logs the names of the windows I have open throughout the day. Since I spend so much time in remote connections, I need to know to which server I'm connecting.

Is it possible to have the current connection name (not computer) displayed in the titlebar?
Developer
Aug 19, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Tools > Options > Interface - Show Connection information in tooltips.
But this setting also affects Tooltips in general, not only title bar. Additionally there is no option to customize the title, it shows server, port, userName and service type only.
Aug 19, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Right. I have this set.

My problem is that I have a couple hundred servers I support, most accessible by IP address. So the Terminals program titlebar shows "Computer: 192.168.x.x" instead of the "friendly" name of "Customer XYZ Server".

My request - and maybe this isn't the proper place for it - is to have the ability to specify whether I want the server and/or the connection name in the title bar. If this request needs to go somewhere else, could you point me in that direction, please?
Developer
Sep 12, 2014 at 8:11 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.