This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Changing connection name creates duplicate entry

Topics: User Forum
Jul 8, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Hello,

Firstly, Terminals rocks! It certainly helps me in my day to day work especially since I do remote support.

Secondly, one thing that tends to bug me is that when I change a connection's name, I then have two of the same connection. One with the old name and one with the new name. I then have to remove the tags from the old connection so it will not appear on my group. Oh, and that brings me to my other gripe:

I can't seem to delete a connection completely. I usually end up having my "untagged" group be my Recycle Bin that can never be emptied. I'd rather just delete the connection entirely. Please, someone tell me I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks for a great time saving product! I look forward to future editions!

--Wes

Jul 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Wes,

On the Menu, under FAVORITES, click "Organize Favorites".  A Dialog box will pop up and allow you to add, edit, change, or delete any Connection.

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing with the "Recycle Bin" until I found this "jewel".

--OlePadre

Jul 16, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Thanks OlePadre! I recall stumbling upon the favorites organizer once before, but for some reason it's importance didn't impress itself upon me. Now I know better. =)

--Wes