Encryption of credentials

Topics: User Forum
May 13, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Edited May 13, 2015 at 6:41 PM
Hi everyone! Is it possible to turn off encryption of credentials? I don't use Master password.
Or how can i use portable version with stored credentials on different computers?
May 15, 2015 at 9:12 AM
Good call, we need this too...

or if we could set a decrypt password/key in the client?
May 18, 2015 at 1:33 PM
Same problem here using sql datastore. We want to use Terminals from different PCs, but we receive error "There was a problem with decrypting your password" when the credentials are set by another user.
Developer
May 25, 2015 at 7:24 PM
Edited May 25, 2015 at 7:24 PM
It looks like this issue is caused by improved security implemented in since version 2.0.
May 28, 2015 at 8:39 AM
We also need this. We wan't to share our connections in our network. Without stored credentials for everybody, terminals is not interesting for us :-( .

Is there a chance to get this option?!
Developer
Jun 8, 2015 at 8:01 PM
I cant promise anything, because of current issues with the stability.
Sep 13, 2015 at 12:47 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2015 at 12:48 PM
Yes... decrypt is sorely needed...
Sep 13, 2015 at 12:51 PM
I have an employee that has left the company.. And I need his credential set decrypted.. as a matter of urgency....
Even if I can be PM'd by dev team and I can share the hash with the team and I get the manually decrypted for the time being ?
Oct 12, 2015 at 8:54 AM
Edited Oct 12, 2015 at 8:55 AM
Hi!

Several month ago I've setup the remote server being in a hurry and did not write down the credentials but saved them in Terminals. Now I need to remember them but don't want to reset windows password. Is there a way to decrypt the credentials stored in ...\appData\Local\Robert_Chartier\Terminals\Data\Favorites.xml file?

I've tried to use the cdb.exe utility with this script http://blogs.msdn.com/b/alejacma/archive/2007/10/31/cryptoapi-tracer.aspx but had no luck to obtain decrypted credentials....
Developer
Oct 15, 2015 at 9:27 PM
since version 2.0 the encryption was improved, with security audit. So they are now more secure than before.
As side effect, it looks like now they work only on one machine, this applies to both file and db store.
Currently there is no option to decrypt stored passwords, if you don't know the masterpassword.
Oct 16, 2015 at 9:44 AM
Hi Karlos,

That is the issue... how to get / set the masterpassword.

if there was the option in Terminals to set it then job done.

we could also then this masterpassword on all are remote support workstations and run from one set of connection details or the SQL DB... LOTS easier to manage rather then 25 sets of the same data that all need to be updated when a new connection is created or a password is changed.