This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Feature Request: Execute on group

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 27, 2015 at 4:55 PM
Im seriously looking for a new alternative to mRemoteNG and this solution seems very promising. But it seems to lack a few of the key elements when you handle alot of sites with alot of different VPNs to those sites.

To sum everything up. Id like to have the option to execute a command when the first connection in a group is opened, like for example a VPN rasdial with arguments or a powershell ps1 file execution. Not just a single command. And when opening another connection in the same group the vpn would already be opened up. So far that works with the "execute before connect" on the idividual connection. Ive tried this with nRemoteNG and it works great but there is a bit of a problem when you close a connection. The VPN stays up that you called on disconnect unless you tell it to disconnect using the standard way in windows point and click. The real issue comes up if you have 2 or more RDP sessions to different servers using the same VPN. obviously disconnecting the vpn kills the other sessions as well. Hence wanting a feature that would be able to run a PS1 powershell file or command with arguments (preferably PS1) when any connection in a group is started and running another Script or PS1 power shen when the LAST connection in that group disconnects keeping all the VPN alive untill the last Session is closed in that specific group.

Sorry for the long post but this is a feature i see as a very important one if you are going to be able to handle many connections (RDP/SSH/VNC using VPN as transport) towards many sites and not having to worry about disconnects all the time due to individual VPN settings.

I have so many ideas for this but ill just start with this one and see if i even get some sort of response. Im very happy to test releases if needed.
Developer
Jun 8, 2015 at 8:00 PM
There was a feature for handling RAS (VPN) connection types, but it was not working, it is currently disabled.
Work on this feature has low priority, so my estimation is, that you would have to wait long time for it.
Aug 3, 2015 at 11:52 AM
Well, just a hint on when this would get worked on would be much appreciated, and also a way to import mRemoteNG confcons.xml (Connection config) would be Lovely :)
Developer
Aug 16, 2015 at 10:06 AM
I am currently the only one active developer, i cant promiss anything...