Font Issues with Server 2012r2 And Auto Scale

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Aug 12, 2015 at 2:10 PM
I have been using Terminals happily for years now.
Recently I have been adding RDP sessions for newer Server 2012 R2 (and some Windows 8.1 lab machines) and have noticed a problem that I can not seem to overcome. This occurs with 'Fit To Window' and 'Auto Scale'.

On first connect the screen looks great. After a minimize (or 3) and changing to other active windows (I normally have at least 3 or 4 sessions open) I notice that the font appears 'stretched' and less crisp. This does NOT happen on Windows 6.1 and earlier machines (Server 2003/2008/2008 R2 and Windows 7).

I have tested this with all combinations of desktop Display Settings (only 32bit). (I though that font smoothing or Theming would help but it doesn'). I cannot replicate Auto Size Issues with MSTSC. A disconnect/reconnect fixes the issue until one of the many resizes breaks it.
The isssue can be seen on physical and VMWare appliances.

See sample images taken at custom size (Terminals maximized and rdp sessions maximized in main window).

Before issue:

After issue

What other setting am I missing that can fix this or at least alleviate the issue? It's not a big one, but is exceptionally frustrating.
Developer
Aug 16, 2015 at 11:05 AM
This is a top most requested issue. See https://terminals.codeplex.com/workitem/35214
thank you for reporting.