Restore menu bar

Topics: User Forum
Aug 4, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Using Terminals 1.7e

All my menu and tool bars are gone. I tried to edit the ToolStrip.settings file but this didn't do anything
I also tried to delete the Terminals folder and re-download but the settings are still exactly the same.

1. Is there a way to restore the default settings?
  2. Where are the settings saved? I've seen a thread talking about the Terminals.config file but I couldn't find it anywhere on my machine.

Thank you

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:48 PM

The Terminals.config file is in the same folder as the Terminals executable. Deleting the Terminals.config file will return everything to default settings and force the file's recreation. Of course, you also lose all of your connetions. I'd keep the old terminals.config file around and copy and paste the XML that is relevant to your connections back into the new terminals.config file.

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I searched my entire computer, including the executable's folder and the only config file I found was Terminals.log4net.config which only has the log4net settings. I am also displaying hidden files and folders so I know this is not the issue.

I am running Vista, in case that makes a difference.

No idea where the config for Terminals is stored on my computer. Anybody would have an idea?

Aug 13, 2009 at 12:56 AM

I'd guess that you placed Terminals in C:\Program Files?

If that's the case, Terminals.config will be located in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Terminals

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:18 AM

Thanks a lot Kyanar, that's where the config file was. I guess I am not really used to the Vista way of doing things yet.

Anyway, config file found, settings adjusted and toolbars restored... problem solved !!!