This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Full Screen mode doesn't resize my RDP window

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 11, 2015 at 8:41 PM
I am running on Windows 8.1 Pro and Full Screen mode doesn't seem to be working properly. I connect to my other windows computer and I have a session running. I got to View on the menu bar and click Full Screen. Terminals now expands to cover my full screen, but my RDP session remains at the same size. I expected my RDP session would expand to the full screen, not just the Terminals window. Is my understanding incorrect? I want to use full screen on my laptop since there is so little real estate, but it isn't working like I expected.
Sep 23, 2015 at 12:13 PM
What You want to use is the autoscale option (in RDP Options --> Display on the connection). But unfortunately this option does not work as it should in the latest Terminals version. Another user posted a suggestion to change this behavior.
What You can do is set the Desktop Size to Full Screen (under properties for the connection: RDP Options - Display). That way when You initiate the connection it will show a window that is too big for the terminals window. But when You enter Full Screen as You've mentioned (F11) then You will see the full desktop and it will occupy Your entire screen (You may need to minimize the favorites bar).