Domain & Username defaults

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 4, 2015 at 1:17 PM
When I installed Terminals I imported several dozen .rdp files but there's a huge problem. Terminals assumes I want to connect using my local domain name and my local username as the domain and username when I connect. That, of course, doesn't work when I VPN to a client and connect to their systems. If I have no domain or username name in those fields it should NOT pre-populate those with my local login information. Every single connection I have has those fields blank so why does Terminals assume I expect it to populate them with something? Please change this so that an empty domain name and username field that it allows the remote system to populate proper information (just like mstsc.exe does). Making assumptions in life leads to problems and this is a key case in point. Now, I get it, if someone uses Terminals to only support their local domain they may want this, but their local systems are going to pre-populate the correct domain name anyway so it makes little sense to guess what people want for off-prem systems.
Developer
Nov 9, 2015 at 7:16 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.