This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Remove title bar

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 4, 2015 at 2:50 PM
Is there a way to remove the blue title bar across the top of my main desktop when I'm connected to an RDP session? It's in the way. In mstsc.exe I can set that to hide. It serves little purpose other than to waste space.
Developer
Nov 9, 2015 at 8:21 PM
It appear only during the connection, than it should disappear.
Nov 10, 2015 at 3:39 PM
Edited Nov 10, 2015 at 3:39 PM
No, it does not. If Terminals is not minimized whatever connection is front and center still shows up on the top of the screen. See linked screen shot. Notice that Chrome is in front of Terminals but the blue bar at the top with xcopy.colo..... is still there, very annoying. In fact, I'd like the bar gone totally. There's no need for it if you're using Terminals with different tabs across the top.

www.terabyte.net/hold/terminals_connection_bar.jpg

Nov 26, 2015 at 12:20 PM
Funny how this seems to work. If I connect to an RDP session using the Fit Window display setting and then hit the full screen button then the blue RDP connection bar will not be present the first time I do it. If I choose restore (to fit window size) and then hit full screen again - then the blue bar will be present.
I've noticed that the blue connection bar will appear randomly when I minimize/maximize Terminals window. It will do this in both full screen and fit window mode. It will disappear if I move from one open tab to another.