Auto Start on a Connection

Topics: User Forum
Aug 13, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Is there a way (like a command line switch) to have Terminals start with a connection active?  I need to make it user-proof.

thanks

Torin

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I beleive you can call it with a /v switch and the computername/address   for example  terminals /v 10.1.200.200

Sep 24, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I just tried this in the latest version, 1.7e and it didn't work.  I would *love* this features since I use a tool like Launchy to quickly access a server.

Sep 24, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Yeah i guess it doesn't work anymore.  IT did at one tiue but i just tried it out on versions 1.7, 1.7b and 1.7d and it didn't work on any of them.  The switch is in the command line code but for some reason the command line switches are being ignored.

Sep 25, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Sweet!  I just opened up the source and found the issue: syntax.  It's /v:servername

There are actually a number of command line parameters.

/url - URL to quick connect to
/favs - Favorite list to quick connect to 
/config -  Local path the the config file to use.  Defaults to the standard Terminals.config
/AutomaticallyUpdate - Enable Automatic Updates
/console or /c - Connect to the console
/machine or /v - Quick connect machine to match mstsc.exe's parameter
/fullscreen or /f - Run terminals in Full Screen mode at startup

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:03 PM

That's cool.  I missed that.   I thought it was just /v not /v:  I can fix my utility now too that uses it.  I use it with The Dude program to remote access computers and it has been a pain to have to always type in the address.  I had it working a long time ago and then it stopped and i never looked into why.  Thanks for figuring it out

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Very cool!

Thanks.

Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 8:24 AM
To: tsmith@rams-pro.com
Subject: Re: Auto Start on a Connection [Terminals:65413]

Sweet! I just opened up the source and found the issue: syntax. It's /v:servername

There are actually a number of command line parameters.

/url - URL to quick connect to
/favs - Favorite list to quick connect to
/config - Local path the the config file to use. Defaults to the standard Terminals.config
/AutomaticallyUpdate - Enable Automatic Updates
/console or /c - Connect to the console
/machine or /v - Quick connect machine to match mstsc.exe's parameter
/fullscreen or /f - Run terminals in Full Screen mode at startup

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Terminals@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Terminals@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com