This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Basic operation

Topics: User Forum
Jul 4, 2016 at 3:19 AM
I'm just starting to use Terminals and so far I'm very impressed. But I'm also confused about some things.
Why does there appear at the top of the windows the words "(Files Store)" after the application name and version, i.e. - Terminals 3.6.1 (Files Store)?

Why does the terminals icon disappear from the taskbar when Terminals is minimized, and can only be found as a hidden notifications icon?

Is there a way to make a given terminal appear as a Remote Desktop session using maximum screen space?

Is there a simple user manual that describes how to use Terminals after you have a connection? I saw the existing manual but it really describes how to make connections. (By the way, I made the connection very easily, and the screen resolution is perfect - You nailed that.)

Is there a main menu for controlling Terminals? I don't see one but I don't know if it is hidden or non-existent. If hidden, how do I unhide it?

Thanks for your help.
Developer
Jul 27, 2016 at 8:32 PM
  1. Why "File store"? Because in options, you can save your connections in MS SQL server database.
  2. Why icon disappears? That is default behavior you can find in options "Minimize to system tray". I personally always disable this. That is an old style behavior and confusing, but we keep it because of historical reasons.
  3. Appear in maximum screen size? Yes, there is an "Full screen" option, which switches the app to fullscreen mode when connecting, or full screen mode is available from context menu or by pressing F11.
  4. No, there is no user manual, what is available, when you are already connected, because nobody requested such documentation yet. We welcome any initiative from your side.
  5. Main Menu is available from context menu (when you click in free area) "Show/hide menu".