This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Changing the NLA security settings for all contacts, SQL data store

Topics: User Forum
Jan 30 at 8:30 PM
I created a SQL data store, then imported my export of my local file(which has the NLA setting enabled). This setting is checked each favorites setting, but does not work, and I get the NLA error when attempting to connect. How do I get the NLA security setting changed on all my connections(about 400). thanks
Jan 31 at 8:43 PM
There is only one option: Write a SQL script to read the table cell, where the options are stored as xml, edit the xml and write it back to the cell.
Feb 6 at 7:01 PM
I can handle that, but why does the product do this. I imported a flat export file that had these options set already. If you do an import from Active directory, and choose to NOT overwrite existing favorites, the product will overwrite existing favorites anyway, and turn turn these options off again. Very frustrating to say the least. So if you want to pick up any changes in the active directory for new servers for instance, it messes up all you existing favorites too.
Feb 8 at 6:41 PM
We are collecting feedback for the database store, there is a lot of issues related to the Db store. Can you provide exact steps to reproduce, so we create bug request and fix it?
Feb 8 at 9:09 PM
Create a local file store
Import favorites from active directory
Export an xml file of all favorites
Edit the xml file to set TLS Authentication to true and NLS Authentication to True
Import the edited export file to verify that the appropriate security settings are included on all favorites.
create a Db store, and set Terminals to use it.
restart terminals
Import the xml file to the Db store and verify that security settings are correct for each favorite
Move all favorites to a group of your choosing
Run an import from active directory. When prompted to overwrite existing favorites, choose not to
Go back to original favorites(not the newly imported favorites in the Terminals created groups) brought in from the xml file, and check security settings-they will have reverted back to not having the tls and NLA options checked.
To fix it, you have to replace all the xml stored in the ProtocolProperties column of the Favorites table with the appropriate xml to turn these features back on...

like this:
use [YourTerminalsDB]
Update Favorites
Set ProtocolProperties = '<RdpOptions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><ConnectToConsole>false</ConnectToConsole><GrabFocusOnConnect>false</GrabFocusOnConnect><FullScreen>false</FullScreen><UserInterface><DisableWindowsKey>false</DisableWindowsKey><DoubleClickDetect>false</DoubleClickDetect><DisplayConnectionBar>false</DisplayConnectionBar><DisableControlAltDelete>false</DisableControlAltDelete><AcceleratorPassthrough>false</AcceleratorPassthrough><EnableCompression>false</EnableCompression><BitmapPeristence>false</BitmapPeristence><AllowBackgroundInput>false</AllowBackgroundInput><DisableTheming>false</DisableTheming><DisableMenuAnimations>false</DisableMenuAnimations><DisableFullWindowDrag>false</DisableFullWindowDrag><DisableCursorBlinking>false</DisableCursorBlinking><EnableDesktopComposition>false</EnableDesktopComposition><EnableFontSmoothing>false</EnableFontSmoothing><DisableCursorShadow>false</DisableCursorShadow><DisableWallPaper>false</DisableWallPaper><LoadBalanceInfo /></UserInterface><Security><Enabled>false</Enabled><EnableEncryption>false</EnableEncryption><EnableTLSAuthentication>true</EnableTLSAuthentication><EnableNLAAuthentication>true</EnableNLAAuthentication></Security><TimeOuts><ShutdownTimeout>10</ShutdownTimeout><OverallTimeout>600</OverallTimeout><ConnectionTimeout>600</ConnectionTimeout><IdleTimeout>240</IdleTimeout></TimeOuts><Redirect><Ports>false</Ports><Printers>false</Printers><SmartCards>false</SmartCards><Devices>false</Devices><Sounds>DontPlay</Sounds><Clipboard>true</Clipboard><drives /></Redirect><TsGateway><UsageMethod>0</UsageMethod><CredentialSource>0</CredentialSource><SeparateLogin>false</SeparateLogin><HostName /><Security><EncryptedUserName /><EncryptedDomain /><EncryptedPassword /></Security></TsGateway></RdpOptions>'
Feb 9 at 7:25 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.